Home >

Advice Line:

08444 111 444
01752 520 052

Mon to Fri 8am to 8pm
Sat 8am to 1pm
Volunteer with us
Funded by:

















How We Can Help

Getting advice from CAB


Welcome to Plymouth Citizens Advice Bureau, a confidential information and advice service for people who live, work or study in Plymouth.


The sort of things we can help with include:


Benefits If you are uncertain about which benefit you are entitled to now or in the future, or if you wish to appeal against a decision by the department of Work and Pensions.

Consumer Your rights when you buy or sell goods. Action you can take to get money back, goods replaced, or repaired.

DBS checks If you have been out of work for some time and been offered employment but are required to pay upfront fees for your DBS check, you may be eligible for funding support through Advice Plymouth.

Employment Employer and employee rights and responsibilities, including health and safety aspects, unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, holidays, wages etc

GP Medical Fees If you are working for an agency helping clients who need medical evidence from their GP, we may be able to help you fund any fees required for this service. For more information, click here 

Housing Your rights and status as a tenant.  What you can do if you are homeless or in unsuitable accommodation.

Law Explain your legal rights, court procedures, legal documents etc.

Debt and Money Do you need help with dealing with your debts, support with budgeting and managing your money.

Relationships Your rights and responsibilities in an unmarried or married relationship, including children.

Tax Do you pay tax on savings? Compensation, redundancy, pay etc.

Water debt If you have a debt with South West Water and need help the FreshStart team are here to help you find a solution.