Advice Line:

08444 111 444
01752 520 052

Mon to Fri 8am to 8pm
Sat 8am to 8pm
Volunteer with us
Funded by:
















Latest CAB News:

Travel disruption and flooding


Even when the water's receded, the effects of flooding can remain for years. If you’ve been affected by flooding there’s help available, but it can be hard to work out what you’re entitled to or who to approach. Your local Citizens Advice Bureau can look at your personal circumstances and help you find the best the way to get back on your feet. 

In the immediate aftermath of flooding, even the simplest day-to-day essentials like food and heating could be out of action in your home.  If you are struggling to get through the day as a result of flood damage to your home, go to your local Citizens Advice Bureaux. You may be able to get financial help to replace essential items from your local council. Each local authority has their own scheme so you should contact them directly to find out what they can offer and how you should apply.

Surviving Winter Grant


Are you struggling to pay for gas / electricity?

You may be entitled to help with a grant.

Please ring 01752 520052 for more details.

EDF Energy Trust Debt Advice Service




  • If you have debts with ANY energy company, this service can offer you free, impartial money advice with the aim to keep you debt free.


  • If you are an EDF Energy customer, you may be eligible for a grant from the EDF Energy Trust Fund.     


For further information, please call 01752 676091 or email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

GP Medical Fees


Plymouth CAB are holding funds for Plymouth City Council to support clients needing medical evidence for benefit and debt casework.

Clients can not access these funds directly, they must be receiving support for their case from a Plymouth advice or support agency.

If you need to access these funds for personal use and are not receiving agency support you can go to Advice Plymouth.

The GP fees disbursement request form is to be completed by the agency assisting the client with their benefit case or Water Sure application.

Fees will be disbursed for the following medical evidence requirements

  • ESA applications/ appeals
  • DLA applications/ appeals
  • PIP applications/ appeals
  • AA applications/ appeals
  • Blue Badge applications/ appeals
  • Tax Credit overpayment appeals
  • Water Sure applications
Advice Plymouth Service

Advice Service gets off to a flying start

new ap logo


Advice Plymouth a new collaboration bringing together Plymouth Guild, Plymouth Citizens Advice Bureau, Age UK Plymouth and Routeways has seen their expectations exceeded in the first two month of operation of their new drop in service at Ernest English House in the city centre.  Beverley Evans, Drop in Manger, said “We have seen nearly 1,000 people with all sorts of issues, including, welfare benefits advice , health concerns and employment . The DropIn brings together the Plymouth CAB assessment service and the Guilds old DIAC service. Some people think we have closed, quite the opposite, we are doing even more together.”

Water Debt Gateway


The Water Debt Gateway is hosted by Plymouth CAB and aims to assist people who are struggling to pay their water bills and give grants to ensure a fresh start free from water debt.

We have dedicated team who assist customers to access South West Water’s innovative Affordability Toolkit.

If you have a water debt, large or small, regardless of whether you are a tenant or a homeowner we can help you. We assess your personal circumstances and help you decide which assistance schemes best suits your needs.

Our Team will identify your most economical tariff, helping you save money and to prevent any future arrears.

Contact the Water Debt Gateway on 01752 241082 / 01752 241083 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

* Other Bureaux: Please note Petra referrals excepted on Plymouth CAB WQ10


Alternatively if you just need scheme application forms:

WaterCare Tariff -

WaterSure -     

Meter Application  -